The first ever Platform Conference is in the books! It has been an incredible and inspiring few days in Nashville, Tennessee. Now it is time for us to get to work on building our platforms. But before we do, I want to share a few final notes and thoughts.
Stu McLaren, Multiply Your Profits, Multiply Impact.
I am going to be a bit biased here because I am honored to call Stu McLaren my friend and because I am a part of the team at WishList Member. But here it goes … Stu just freakin’ rocks!!! I love this guy because he is extremely passionate about entrepreneurship, but more importantly, he is passionate about making a difference in the world.
I am going to share my tweets and the tweets of others, regarding Stu’s session:
- If we know how to make money, we can have a much bigger impact on this world. - @PlatformConf
- You can charge people for your knowledge and information for reoccurring revenues.
- Any business can be turned into a recurring monthly business. – @PlatformConf
- Membership sites build incredible community!
- Take people from feeling like a number to ‘you’re the most important reason I’m doing what I’m doing’. – @TheSamiCone
- Membership sites that sell your content allow you to maximize your time and earn more money, with less effort.
- What’s the easiest way to build a membership site? With digital information.
- Building a successful membership platform will require you to provide your content with convenience.
- Don’t sell yourself short on what you can build your platform around. You have something of value to offer.
- The key to success is to focus on making your first sale.
- Commit, pick a model, start selling!
I had the opportunity to meet Pat and visit with him. Not only does this guy dress SWAG, he is genuine and down to earth.
- There are pros and cons for advertising on your website.
- Weigh them before jumping in. Relationships matter when it comes to selling through your website.
- Don’t start with products. Start with the goals of your audience.
- On product creation: DON’T CREATE BLINDLY. Ask what are you or others struggling with right now.
- The BEST sales pitch is no pitch at all!
Three Things to Strive For In Building a Platform:
- Tell stories.
- Stop trying to be interesting and start being interested.
- Be personal
Closing remarks were great, but here is the best way to end such a great conference: a call to action.
- Take two minutes and write down three action items you will complete for building your platform after leaving today.
Final Thoughts on Platform Conference 2013
I am so thrilled and honored to have been at Platform Conference. This is one of the best events I’ve ever attended and would not hesitate recommending it to my friends or community. It is well worth the investment. I made new friends this week and learned priceless lessons.
And I also have to say that after winning the sweet prize package from Ken Davis, I was a lightning rod for luck as most of the people who sat by me won prizes also. Rub this Buddha belly!
A TREMENDOUS THANK YOU!!
Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank ALL of the people responsible for putting together and running Platform Conference 2013. The entire team was top notch and you all did a fantastic job. Very professional!