Howdy! My name is James Dalman.
I am an entrepreneur and U.S. Army veteran who recently launched Happy Joe, a non-profit business that provides veterans with training, education, mentoring, and career opportunities in the web media and tech industries. My mission is helping soldiers to get their boots back on the ground and adjusted to civilian life as soon as possible after their military commitments are over.
Professionally I’ve been in the branding, design, and web media industry for over twenty years. I’ve worked with clients such as HTC, BMW, Green Bay Packers, Michael Hyatt, Nike Golf, Eskimo Joes, NASCAR, and Arnold Palmer, as well as thousands of businesses and non-profits across the globe. I designed the number one selling hat/apparel product for the nation in 1994 for Lids type stores.
I currently travel the U.S. to speak about veteran entrepreneurship and freelancing when I’m not at my desk doing the grunt work.
Design was a calling!
I was destined to be an artist and remember drawing as far back as I can remember. In fact, most of my report cards growing up always had notes from my teachers saying that I spent too much time drawing in class. One teacher even told me I’d never make anything of my life because of my drawing pursuits. Thirty some years later, I am STILL drawing and designing while making a great living doing it.
The important stuff isn’t design though!
All that being said, the most important things to me aren’t what I’ve done professionally, as great as that’s been, but my personal side of life.
- I have been married to my amazing wife Donetta for 22 years.
- I have two awesome kids, Kayla and Tyler, who are now in college and make me very proud.
- I served my country in the United States Army Reserve and Oklahoma National Guard. Honorably Discharged.
- I am a Christ follower. He radically transformed my life!
- I’ve been blessed to invest in other people’s lives through mentoring and ministry.