Howdy, I’m James Dalman
Designer, content creator, military veteran, and founder of Happy Joe Inc.
I’ve been a designer for 28 years and have partnered with billion dollar brands to mom and pop shops around the globe. I’ve had the honor to do work for HTC, Nike Golf, BMW, NASCAR, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, L.A. Kings, Eskimo Joes, Arnold Palmer, Michael Hyatt, Andy Sernovitz, and Honda. In 1995, I designed several of the top selling ball caps in the entire nation.
While my specialty is creating memorable brand identities and effective User Experiences, I am well versed in a variety of skills including content development, WordPress, and online marketing. I speak and write regularly on entrepreneurship, branding, design, and freelancing.
When I’m not partnering with some of the most amazing clients in the world, I’m helping U.S. military veterans build profitable and sustainable businesses through my non-profit organization, Happy Joe.
I’ve been married to my beautiful wife and best friend, Donetta, for 24 years, and we have two awesome kids, Kayla and Tyler, who are now involved in working with Dalman Designs.
A Few Published Articles, Videos, and Interviews from Across the Web:
- Pricing for Profit: Why Hourly Rates Don’t Bring Profits - uGurus.com
- Three Steps to Finding the Perfect Clients - Flywheel
- Do Web Designers Need to Know How to Code? - TorqueMag
- James Dalman is Disrupting Web Design (Again) - Matt Report
- Finely Tuned WordPress Consultant, WP Engine - WP Engine
- A Podcast about Podcasting (and a whole lot more)
- How to Make Six Figures in Web Design
- Dealing with Client Conflict and Project Problems – iThemes
- What Makes a Great Website Great – ClickHOST.com
- What is Branding and Why Is It Important? – ClickHOST.com
- Why Social Media is Important for Your Business – ClickHOST.com
A Few of My Best Articles for WordPress Consultants and Freelancers:
- Focus on Your Strengths
- Build Your Confidence
- Invest in Relationships
- Find Great Clients
- Sell True Value
- Pricing for Profit
- Do Awesome Work
- Defining Your Business Terms
- How to Charge What You Are Worth
- How to Sell MORE of Your Services
Connecting or Working with Me
If you’d like to work with me in any way, please fill out and send your information via my contact form. You can also follow me online through all of the social media channels below. Thanks!
I've Done Work for Them. I Can Do It for You.
BMW, NASCAR, Eskimo Joes, Green Bay Packers, The Rose Bowl, Michael Hyatt, WebDesign.com, iThemes.com, Disney, Becky McCray, Nike Golf, Callaway Golf, Arnold Palmer, L.A. Kings, Phoenix Suns, Honda, Best Western, Oklahoma University, Oklahoma State University, 1995 National Champions Nebraska Cornhuskers, and my mom.